[pct-l] Re: PCT Annual Meeting

--
Gordon,

I've had another fella inquire about the PCTA's Annual Meeting also, conseq=
uently, I thought maybe there are others on the list who might have questio=
ns. I hope you do not mind if I answer you on line.

The Annual Mtg. this year is in Seattle (last year it was in Ontario, CA) a=
t the Mountaineers facility across from the Homewood Suites where a lot of =
folks will be staying (at a group discount...great rooms $99/night; king; s=
ingle occupancy; full kitchen facilities, etc.).

The Annual Mtg. is actually made up of Trail Classes, a Banquet, plus a lot=
 of really fun "networking", meeting new friends and catching up with old b=
uddies (each year the trail gets longer, the snakes larger, the water lacki=
ng even more, the snow deeper, poison oak thicker, the bears bigger and mor=
e crafty, Greg's pack gets heavier, and, the daily mileage hiked higher).  =
  :)   :)

Registration for the Mtg. and Banquet are separate.  To register, call the =
PCTA office in Sacramento, CA at 916-349-2109 or www.pcta.org.

I promise, you'll meet new folks, enjoy yourself, eat great food and have a=
 wonderful and informative time!

Trail Classes agenda for this year appears below:

(1) Federal Land Managers discuss PCT issues; or Trail Tips Forum.
(2) Packing Light or Horses, Safety, and LNT
(3) Trail Running or Volunteering Trail Maintenance
(4) Day Hiking the PCT or Favorite Trail Food,

and, if you attend the Banquet the speaker is Jim Whittaker!!

JoAnn M. Michael
Regional Coordinator Northern CA
Pacific Crest Trail Association
jomike@snowcrest.net