[pct-l] Yak Traxx

>>Does anyone have any experience with Yaktrax instead
>>of cramp-ons?

I have used them myself on some winter hike in
foothills around Boulder.  They seem to work OK for
short, icy stretches. I would not suggest using them
for extended stretches of hiking.

I was going to use them in the High Sierras last year.
(Sigh...didn't the PCT trek go by fast I think to
myself). However, did not use them once.  All depends
on when you go over the passes and what the snow pack
is like this coming summer as to wether Yak Traxx will
be useful or not. I will say thay they are very light
and can't hurt to bring if you are concerned about how
icy the passes may be.

Mags

=====