[pct-l] yaktrax/stabilicers/crampons discussion

Band of Buccaneerz! I give yaktrax to the older folks (anyone older than I)
in my neighborhood at Christmas to keep them reasonably stable on the skewed
bluestone sidewalk slabs. The same thing with those stable dealies, except
they weigh and cost more. My advice, which I rarely give unsolicited, is
never use those things for trekking. If you depend on them for anything
other than walking slowly on the sidewalk, they will fail. If you bruise
your rump using them trekking consider yourself lucky. For
trekking/trolling/trelling/tremmling and free treeversing, I say unto you
and all our spawn who shall follow in our mythic footsteps: CHARLET MOSER
INSTEP     6 POINT CRABS! Once those wicked things are on you will be glued
to the world's slickest ice (magnetogorsk, cccp [now defunct]) and anything
in between. Good luck and may the moonbeams always be at your back. Love,
Charlet Moser the Third, Ltd.