[pct-l] Re:pct- More questions

--
In a message dated 12/31/2002 10:07:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pmunson@iglou.com writes:

> How many miles would you schedule per day at the beginning for a beginner?
> How many days of food does one carry at one time and how much water does
> one carry at one time? I am having trouble visualizing how to resupply and
> how much to carry and how many miles to walk per day at the beginning. I
> know one will go faster and farther as time goes on.

You can start planning now using Craig's online PCT Planner.  It's a fun tool
that allows you to adjust your mileage, how many hours a day you expect to
hike,  where to resupply, etc.  Only you know the mileage you're capable, but
15-20 miles a day is generally what's required.

Also, get the Guidebooks with maps and Data book which gives you mileage,
elevations and water sources with "water alerts" and perhaps the town guide.

 <A HREF="http://www.pctplanner.com/about.php";>Craig's PCT Planner: About PCT Planner</A>

 <A HREF="https://www.orderz.com/pcta/productdetail.asp?cat=154";>Pacific Crest Trail Assocation</A>

That's enough to get you going.  Best of luck!

Sly