[pct-l] ? forest service maps ?

--

Markings or not, I can only recall losing the trail in few places.  Twice
when it was snow covered and one of those times I had lost my maps heading up
Muir Pass. Another time, I stupidly pealed off a perfectly maintained PCT to
take a side trip to Monache Creek, but bushwhacked my way back near Olancha
Peak using the guidebook maps.  Occasionally, I did have minor delays at
roads crossings until I realized that the maps would usually point out which
way, to the left or right, that the trail continued.

I'll agree the PCT doesn't have the blazes, cairns and markings of the AT,
but hiked using the guidebooks and guidebook maps, it wasn't all that
difficult to follow.

Personally, I got sick of seeing all the white blazes on the AT.  It was a no
brainer!  At least parts of the PCT, you had a semblance of wilderness,
walking down a well worn path.

Sly