[pct-l] Snowpack in Wa.

I belive January is going to be a key month for those who might want to do a
South bound hike. After this eries of storms , snowpack will be about 50% of
normal, at best, in the Wa. Cascades.
        If 3 of 4 weeks in January are dry it will be below 50% going into
Feb. and it would take a very stormy March to get anywhere near normal.
 If it storms a bunch in Jan, then all bets are off, but high freezing levels
could still save the day.
  I would check the date that the North Cascade highway reopens through Rainy
Pass. If it's way early, that would be a real good sign. Ditto for the road
to Harts pass. Remember, the Pasayten wilderness gets much less snow than
Glacier Peak wilderness because it is somewhat in the rain shadow of the
North Cascades where it would be quite rare to see the snow mostly gone by
June. But it has happened.
  How about June 10 - Nov -20