[pct-l] ? forest service maps ?

--
Sly writes:

> I'm still trying to figure out the usefullness of the FS
> maps, perhaps the road numbers, but other than that they seem like a waste
> of
> money and paper.

I agree.  However, I found many times that I could find my way better with
the FS maps than the guide book maps just for that reason; the road numbers
which are commonly signed (and the FS maps show a much larger area).

Now, I wouldn't go buying an entire set of FS maps (or for that matter, an
entire set of USGS topos) as the trail is excellently signed and obvious in
many areas.

As to which areas they might come into best use, I have to defer to someone
who has hiked the trail more recently.

Strider