[pct-l] ? forest service maps ?

I've been looking thru _Day Hikes on the Pacific Crest Trail_ by G&S Semb. They
refer to Forest Service Maps that are identified by a letter and a number
(example: A-1) and scale 1:126,720 (or 1" = 2 miles). I've checked the USFS web
sites for these maps and find no reference. The web sites have information about
USGS topos and Forest visitor maps, but the maps the book refers to are not
given. Anyone know more about these maps and where the maps can be obtained?
Thanx.

John