[pct-l] oops (netiquette)

> "Netiquette means to me that you do not privately E-Mail an individual on a
list without express prior permission. "

I guess opinions vary.   I consider it much worse to send messages to the
whole list that are only of interest to (at most) one other person.
One of the biggest defects of the way some mail lists and all yahoo groups
are set up is that by default you reply to the whole group and you have
to do something special to reply only to the person who sent it.
It should be the other way around... pct-l thankfully is.

And how would one elicit express prior permission except by sending a
private email?    I for one don't want to be bombarded by messages
sent to pct-l by strider, wtr, and monte asking each other permission to
send private email.

The posting date of that archive item wasn't April 1 was it?