[pct-l] Europe's wilderness

On the subject or Northern Scotland:

  Just returned from Scotland(my sister-in-law lives in Findhorn-1/2 hour
east of Inverness)and it's a shame how much forest has been completely cut
away.  Sometimes it seems as if they've cut almost all of it down.  Much of
the landscape is totally barren and it used to be completely covered in
forest.  My sister-in-law just shakes her head and says, "They didn't think
ahead at all."
  It does have its own rugged sort of beauty, but to see how much they cut
down is heartbreaking.  If anyone thinks the US is bad when it comes to
cutting down forests(we are!), they should see Scotland:(

Can't wait to do my first Munroe on my next visit!

Michael G.

  I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual. It is
surprising how contented one can be with nothing definite-only a sense of
existence...no run on my bank can drain it, for my wealth is not possession
but enjoyment.

             Henry David Thoreau