[pct-l] DMHO found in PCT water sources!

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the link.  Isn't it comforting to know that there are groups out
there with our best interests at heart?

;-}

Mara

>From: "Kelly Miller" <aj7x@amsat.org>
>To: "Pct-L" <pct-l@backcountry.net>
>Subject: [pct-l] DMHO found in PCT water sources!
>Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 15:32:55 -0700
>
>I just read with great interest an article about a recent study documenting
>the increasing occurrence of certain chemicals in our nation's water
>supply.
>In many areas of the west,  high levels of DHMO have been found.  Known to
>scientists as Dihydrogen Monoxide, the study found that even though the
>chemical is generally safe in undiluted form, even small quantities can be
>deadly when mixed with other substances.  The concentration of the DHMO was
>found to actually vary from year to year in any particular location.
>Sportsmen and hikers alike are advised to routinely monitor levels of the
>chemical in their system to avoid any associated problems.
>
>...Kelly
>
>note:  more information about this growing problem can be found at
>http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html#CONCERN

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_eliminateviruses_3mf