[pct-l] RE: El nino

>From: "Erin Brown" <ernbrn1218@hotmail.com>
>How many of you out there...would postpone a trip based on the chance that
snowfall >and stream crossings might be insane?

You don't really need to decide now.  You can't decide now based on weather
data.  I'd say, plan on hiking, but make a review of the snow pack and
winter conditions in mid-March.  There will be lots of data and opinions on
this list between now and then.
There will always be something in the way of a thru-hike: weather, family,
money.  Part of the journey is committing and making it happen (within
reason).
So, to directly answer your question, I would not postpone a trip (for a
year!!) based on the CHANCE that weather will be bad.  See how bad the
weather gets, then make a decision.
John B./Cupcake