[pct-l] Ice axe Training

Good point..And take note please there are only
3 things that are important in ice-axe training re my course at ASI:
1- Practice
2- Practice
3- Practice

with lots of practice on a safe-run-out slope the second u slip
it will become second nature to get on your chest and dig in
with the axe! -the very first second! there is no blacking out
w/practice...this along with tension! tension while u r walking
in a dangerous area-- your axe is immediately at your chest
if you are not using it to hold u....10-15 times throwing yourself
head first, sideways, all ways...upside down, curled up...
down a slope and practicing will get u over any black out
tendicies and into a high state of readiness and alert. Your life
WILL depend on it...enuf time to black out when u have a few beers
not during a slide!

Rich
BTDT!!