From: "Frank Kroger" <fkroger1999@yahoo.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Stoves and night hiking

--
As far as stoves go, I gave up cooking after 400 miles. I found that any
dried food that has instructions to add boiling water can also be mixed with
cold water if it is allowed to soak for 30 minutes. Not cooking saves time,
and weight. Admittedly food prepared with hot water tastes a little better,
but I was interested in survival, not luxury. ..
Satellite/ Frank Kroger
 [.