[pct-l] A (slightly belated) introduction

Hello all....

I've posted a couple times here, but have been trying to catch up on the
archives before I officially introduced myself. Almost done, so this seems
like a good time :)

My name is Gray, and I live in Seattle. I grew up in Fairmount, Indiana,
moved to New Orleans in 1998, then to Seattle in June of 1999. I've always
liked the outdoors, camping and what I used to call "hiking" in Indiana and
Louisiana, but it wasn't until I moved out here, and found the mountains I'd
always wanted, that I really started hiking.

I first heard of the PCT back in 1997(?), when I stumbled accross a trail
journal (as an aside, I can't remember who's journal it was, but I remember
him meeting a young girl named Bug who was, at the time, the youngest PCT
thru-hiker. If anyone happens to know where I could re-read this journal,
let me know :) and realized I *had* to do this at some point. It bounced
around in my head for years, and the time seems right for '03. Being
underemployed, I will basically have nothing but on-trail expenses to worry
about. I'm currently compiling my gear list, and starting my dehydrating
next month. This will be my first long-distance hike, having only done
mostly 2-3 dayers here in Washington.

Glad to meet y'all, and hope to see you at the kickoff!

Gray