[pct-l] Famous Hiking Paths

It is arguable that the AT is the most famous footpath
in the world (heck, we are arguing it!).

I think other contenders for famous walking paths are:

Santiago di Campostella (The Way of St. James..excuse
my butchering of the Spanish. The language I took in
school is more useful for Rome than Madrid...)

--the pilgrims path that is seeing as many people out
for a sense of adventure and to experience a new
lifestyle as those out for spiritual reasons. The fact
that it dates back to medieval times helps for it
being famous, too.

Annapurna Circuit

--most trekkers seem to know this path as well. Mara
didn't you do this path at one point? Nepal sounds
nice..

and lastly:

Machu Picchu Trail (aka the Inca Trail)

This does not quite count as a hike or a trek, but it
was well traveled for many,many,many years..and heck,
it would make a great trip (minus going through what
is now war zones, of course. ;-) ) and it does qualify
as famous:

The Silk Road

=====