[pct-l] Poison oak and other nasties

All of the PCT guidebooks and other sources typically warn hikers of
hazards (as they should), which in Southern CA typically is listed as
poison oak, rattlesnakes and ticks. But in looking thru various
journals I have seen very little mention of these from any thru hikers
of the past several years (rattlesnakes are mentioned far more than the
others). I'm a snake lover, so rattlesnakes are a plus on the trail for
me - but poison oak, that's another story.  I know its been dry for the
past couple of years, and maybe the dreaded oak has been less prevalent.

Any hikers from the past few years care to comment on it's abundance,
and areas that had a lot of the nasty stuff.

Cheers,
Don