[pct-l] Fw:Cool Training Software

I don't have a GPS but some of you who do may be interested in this.

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "brianwetter <brianwetter@yahoo.com>" <brianwetter@yahoo.com>

Subject: Cool Training Software

Athletes,

My name is Brian Wetter and I am a software engineer for a company
called TrekAnalyst.com. We have spent the last two years designing
and building a website that allows people to track outdoor activities
using a GPS. We are just athletes who wanted the technology for
ourselves and along the way have found that others have become very
exited about what we are doing. I am personally a competitive multi-
sport athlete and our site has provided me a way to track my training
progress over the past year.  Based on the data from the GPS we
calculate many different "metrics" such as Average Speed, Distance,
Power and Calories for specific activities. We then allow users to
map this information on photo and topographical maps as well as chart
progress all live on the web. You can share your "Treks" with others
by emailing a link so that they can look at what you have done. We
are still beta testing and adding new functionality every day so
please stay tuned.  During the beta test users have unlimited free
access to the site.  From what I have read here it seems that you all
are a perfect audience to put our site to the test.  We are currently
working on a community section that will help tie everything
together.  If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact
me directly brianwetter@yahoo.com or use the feedback section on the
site. I hope you enjoy the site and look forward to your feedback.
The site is geared towards the athlete but we are finding that many
of our users really enjoy the mapping technology that we have
implemented. You can take a look at example data without registering
by going to http://www.trekanalyst.com/ and clicking on the "My
Treks" tab link at the top of the page.

Currently we require users to use Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or
higher and a Microsoft Windows based computer for uploading data.

Cheers,
Brian

Helen's Cycles, the best bike shop in Southern California, is SCARAB's
official bike shop. Santa Monica, Westwood, Manhattan Beach, Marina Del
Rey, Arcadia. SCARAB members get 10% off all accessories.
http://www.helenscycles.com
------------
The best adventure racing book ever written: The Complete Guide to
Adventure Racing,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1578260647/southerncalifo04
Adventure Racing: The Ultimate Guide,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1884737900/southerncalifo04/
The best navigation book: The Essential Wilderness Navigator,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071361103/southerncalifo04
The best mountain biking book: Mountain Bike Like a Champion,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1579540813/southerncalifo04
Mountain Biking Santa Monica Mountains' Best Trails,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0938665553/southerncalifo04

Find more adventure racing books at
http://www.scarabs.homestead.com/gear.html.

SCARAB T-shirts available at http://scarabs.homestead.com/tshirt.html
------------
PHASE IV Scientific Training and Assessment Santa Monica: periodization
programs, VO2 testing, running gait analysis, bike fits and more.
310-582-8212 or phaseiv@linkline.com
- If you don't want multiple daily emails, you can receive 1 daily email
containing all the previous day's messages by sending a blank email to
scarabs-digest@yahoogroups.com
- To stop receiving email messages but remain a SCARAB member (so you can
access the Teammate Finder and Member Discounts), send a blank email to
scarabs-nomail@yahoogroups.com
- To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
scarabs-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
- Change your email address at http://edit.yahoo.com/config/set_profile?