[pct-l] worries about not worrying

Hi Teatree,

I did the same thing as you before my AT and PCT thru
hikes (over-planned the AT, little time spent planning
for the PCT).

The first resupply maildrop should be Warner Springs.
The PCT town guide, recent pct-l postings, and the
supply-as-you-go info on the PCT website:
http://www.pcta.org/plan/resupply.shtml
has most of the info you need.

One major difference with the PCT is fewer gear shops
on the PCT versus the AT.  You might want to have a
few more items in your bounce box on the PCT.

Another decision is where to pick up your Sierra
resupply (ice axe, etc.).  Mohave, Tehachapi, Kennedy
Meadows, and possibly Lone Pine can be used.

You should check this list in a few months for snow
levels.  There are websites that will give you the
snow levels in CA, OR, and WA as a percent of normal
snowpack.  This info will give you an indication if it
will be a high or low snow (and creek level) year.

Tim CDT 02
Starman PCT 00
Camel AT 98