[pct-l] Aqua Mira Question

--
When I was in Peru this summer we used Micropur MT-1 tablets for water
treatment (by Katadyn), no taste, color or odor.  I just checked their
web site and it says that it is to be used to remove bacteria from
potable water which is microbiologically safe for drinking. I have been
using it on a couple of trips there and all the time here since August
thinking it got rid of all the nasties (the directions were in Spanish).
Has anyone else used it and if so what kind of results have you had?

(From their web site)
Micropur conserves and preserves water in a natural and non-polluting
manner which is based on silver ions that do not require chemical
additives or boiling; thus the water keeps its original fresh taste.
Water treated with Micropur remains bacteriologically pure for up to 6
months at which point the water can be retreated.
The amount of silver absorbed when consuming this bacteria-free water is
less than when eating a salad using silver cutlery.
Micropur is a superior and more effective solution to using chlorine in
fresh water tanks at home, in RVs or boats as well as camp sites and even
in air humidifiers at home.
Micropur can tackle larger jobs such as disinfecting water tanks and
pipes when the silver ion dosages are increased.
Micropur should be used with clear water only. For the treatment of muddy
water, or if there is a danger of any contamination caused by amoeba,
giardia, shigella, or bilharciosis, a Katadyn Filter is recommended.
Micropur is available in liquid or crystal form.

I see they now are coming out with MP-1 which is Chlorine Dioxide and
they say it gets rid of viruses, bacteria, Giardia and cryptosporidium.

Katadyn Micropur MP1 Tablets Purpose and Action
The only disinfection system effective against viruses, bacteria, Giardia
and cryptosporidium.
Fresh tasting water -- no unpleasant taste.
Easy-to-use tablets.
Meets EPA purification guidelines.
Specifications
Purification method: Chlorine Dioxide Tablets
Capacity: 30 tablets
Output: 1 tablet treats 1 quart of water
According to the following link,
http://www.epa.gov/ogwdw000/mdbp/pdf/alter/chapt_4.pdf, Chlorine Dioxide
is not the same as chlorine, it disinfects by oxidation, it does not
chlorinate. It is supposed to be more effective than chlorine under
favorable conditions (higher ph). see page 19-21.

Vic