[pct-l] My Bike Story

--

I'm not sure what bike trail you are referring to. But if it is the Tahoe R=
im Trail (and I think it is) here is a quote from the TRT web site on mount=
ain biking the TRT.

The trail is open to bikes in all areas except:

The Desolation Wilderness Area

The Pacific Crest Trail - the TRT shares the PCT from Twin Peaks to Meiss M=
eadows - bikes are not allowed on any portions of the PCT

The Mount Rose Wilderness Area

Hobart Road to Spooner Summit is closed to bikes per NV State Parks.  North=
 Canyon Road (which connects to the Flume Trail at Marlette Lake) is an alt=
ernate trail that parallels the TRT for this segment.  Please respect this =
closure.

Mount Rose/Tahoe Meadows to Tunnel Creek Road is open to bikes on even numb=
ered days of the month (2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.)

I have hiked the PCT & TRT and spent several weekends in Desolation. I don'=
t think bikes are allowed. I don't think biking would be very good in many =
parts of that area.

Ken
http://home.pacbell.net/kdpo