[pct-l] Railrider's stuff (Ecomesh reply)

Comment on Railrider clothing. I used a pair of their weatherpants on the AT
in 96 and I still use them all the time. I have one tiny rip in the pocket
on the back - that's it. And their pants are one of the lightest ones I own
and have a reinforced knees and behind. Very pleased.

I just ordered their ecomesh shirt and think it looks great for the PCT use
- I'm planning on using it in the desert sections. I decided on the ecomesh
one since it has no closures (buttons, zippers, etc.); I also ordered the
adventure top because I couldn't decide which I wanted. The adventure top is
exactly the same but has buttons at the neckline and at the wrist, and it
looks a little nicer (i.e., dressier). The ecomesh has elastic at the wrist
- keep that in mind to decide which you would rather have (someone I know
ordered the adventure top because they hated the elastic at the sleeves).

I have a friend who ordered their ecomesh pants which also seem like a great
idea for desert hiking - they have a zipper to ventilate the legs without
exposing yourself to the sun (not much anyway). He's had them on some
regular forest hikes and is very pleased.

So - in short I think they make great products - light, very durable, and
very practical. And they are a small company - I always enjoy supporting
small companies with great products when I can.

Good luck!

Jen