[pct-l] Hiker bike defense

If this has been covered in the PCT bike discussion (which I have to
date ignored because I would not be able to dislodge either bikers or
hikers from their long-held views) please forgive me.

Like most of you, I assume, I have been passed slowly - some even
dismounted - by many courteous bikers. However, the few times I've been
"attacked" at full speed by a screaming biker has caused my demented,
evil mind to ponder how I could actually defend myself, without getting
really hurt in the process, and hopefully teach the two-wheeled attacker
some kind of lesson.
Having my wife (and sometimes my dog) hiking with me puts me in even
more of a defensive mood.

If one is in a position where you can't simply jump out of the way, does
one turn one's back and hurl yourself at the biker with your pack as a
bit of protection?  Do you brace your trekking pole as you aim it at
their body somewhere?  Hmm, what possibilities! I have to assume there
would not be time enough to pick up a rock, even if there were one
handy.

Is there ANY way at all to defend oneself against such a fast-moving
force?
Will my heroic damage-causing schemes all turn out to be merely
daydreams?

Who among you is clever enough to stop the demon in his tracks?