[pct-l] Re: bikes on PCT

> There's a small clique on this list that
> threatens, grumbles and moans when you don't
> roll-over and comply with their line of thought.
>
> Just ignore them. They've forgotten what
> freedom is.

I don't think the number of people opposing bikes on the PCT is small, nor
do I think we are a clique.  Rather, we're a bunch of individuals who
collectively have the same desire: that we have one trail on which we can
hike without encountering mechanized vehicles that are potentially dangerous
and disruptive to us. You probably have a similar desire: you don't want
ATVs, 4WDs, and other motorized vehicles where you bike. Fortunately for
you, there are plenty of places where you can lawfully bike without
encountering those next ones up in the locomotion chain.

I'm not asking that you "roll over and comply with my line of thought." I'm
asking that you a) comply with the law, and b) respect my right to enjoy a
bit of the wilderness. That you don't care about obeying the law nor how
your actions negatively affect others' use of a public resource says a lot
about your definition of "freedom."

--
Carl