[pct-l] RE: Bikes on the PCT

Kevin Corcoran wrote:

>         As both a mt bike rider and as a Sec E Area Coordinator who
> periodically inventories trail from Sec E3 to E9, I'd offer these
> points:<big snip>

In San Diego county, on multiple use trails, I have observed the tread
increase in width two or three time the original, particularly in the
rough and rock sections.  The bicycle tracks seem to dodge the rough
tread, usually to the uphill side of the path.  Instead of the tread
staying level, the camber begins to slope along the contours of the
hill.  Is it just here in this county, or do you see the same damage in
the E section?

Eckert