[pct-l] Hiking and Running

I started my hike in excellent running shape which helped me to start off
with high mileage days.  However, when I finished and returned to college
basketball I found that I could barely run up and down the court at anything
faster than about 6 mph!  Of course, once I posted up underneath, no one
could dislodge me from my stance due to the massive muscles that the hike
built into my thighs and calves.  I suppose the problem is that you train
your leg muscles to go at 3 to 4 mph for hours on end day after day.  This
isn't particularly good for then trying to speed them up to a running pace.

IMHO,

Strider