[pct-l] RE: Bikes on the PCT

In a message dated 12/5/02 5:41:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bensabraw@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 Reason 2: "The 1964 wilderness act stipulates no wheeled vehicles of any
kind....etc. etc."  Well, I completely agree. The government passed an act
and because our omnipotent and ever-wise government wrote this into law, we
shall no longer discuss said acts' merits. Good thinking, lets be selfish and
keep the blinders on just like the stupid mules that trudge out of the valley
every day all day from june till september. >>
It dismays me that you trash the one single act of government that has
affected my life more than any other and provided me the opportunity for
numerous great (to me) adventures.  Without it there would be party on dudes
trashing the remaining wilderness just like they do every place they can
reach by road. If you don't accept it's concept, then perhaps you could just
stay out so the rest of us can still have an opportunity to get away from you
    I just thank my lucky stars that I got to enjoy it before it passes into
the dust bin of history thanks to all the whining recreationist lobbyers and
other special interest groups. But hey, I'm resting easy. I spent plenty of
time there and nothing can change THAT. Tough luck for the rest of you -- and
your kids -- if you just stand by and let it happen.
   LIke I said before : there are innumerable places that one can go to bike
other than the PCT. To insist you should be able to bike the PCT smacks of
juvenile rebellion and nothing more.