[pct-l] Re: [pct-l]bikes tricycles etc.

My feelings about bikes on the trail were reinforced this summer,when I took
an alternate  parallel trail to do some fishing.This trail open to bikes had
more litter in a 5mi section than I had seen in the last 500 mi. of the PCT.
Though I shouldn't be offended I find that I'm when after hiking a long
distance on the the PCT faced with  a downhill speeding bike I'm expected to
step aside .I'm sorry by the time I've hiked 500mi. or more
my ego has inflated so much I don't thinka bike could get by me.
Maybe I should have more respect for bikers.And I suppose I would if I
I had seen any where near the heart and dedication I have in hikers.I'm
sorry I'm just not that familiar with them.It seems to me that the most
bike track I've seen are in sections of long downhill tracks.
I've also noticed on some of those sections many downed limbs.Nothing  to
pose a problem for a hiker.At first I thought the trail hadn't seen any
maintenance. Then Duh I figured it out! Someone had placed the limbs in
strategic places to discourage bikes from flying down the trail and posing a
threat to hikers.