[pct-l] What planet is this guy from?

Y'know...  On this list and the Backpackinglight list, so much of the gear
we now seek is no longer "brand name" and for the most part, it's not even
available in the retail stores here in the States.

I'm obviously thinking mostly of packs, shelters, sleeping bags, and stoves.

Stick around long enough and you find all the independant manufacturers of
the lightweight gear most of us look for these days and you can probably
have it shipped to Japan almost as easily as it can be shipped in the US.

For that matter, most of the other gear is easily ordered on-line, too.

I so rarely buy anything at my local outfitters anymore.  REI, EMS,
Wilderness House, etc. just don't carry most of what I'm looking for.

Mara