[pct-l] Rescue Tax

--
 You open a can worms with this one! What if you are caught in a winter storm
and just " Hunker Down" for 2 days and wait it out? Someone  misses you at
work Monday and the search is on. Tuesday you walk out and are handed a
10,000 bill. ( Government will be sure a even add pilots spilled coke on your
bill) Even though you did everything right, you got stuck. A rescue bill
could be high enough to put 2 kids through college. ( Yet we spend much more
than this to feed South pacific villager's pigs canned food) Who pays the
rangers wages??  If 11,000 climbers pay 15.00 dolllars to climb, That will
brings in 165,000 which is double all the money used on rescue for that park.
( Next year it will be 30.00 a pop and bring in 320,000.) Enough to pay for
anyone with bad luck or poor judgement. Anyone of us could need a rescue
someday no matter how trained we are.  How about charging soldiers shot in
combat for a ride back? Maybe a soldier used bad judgement when he was hit
and should be charged for ride back?
   As a citizen, rangers , parks and helechopters are there for my use if I
should need them. Otherwise we create a " Sherwood Forest" for only the upper
class elite who " May" have the means to pay for such rescue.