[pct-l] Topo USA question

Howdy listers,
I picked up a copy of Topo USA v2.0 as a close out at a local map place.
  I'm just starting to play with creating routes.    I'm trying to
create a hiking route which has the PCT north of I-10 as the beginning
of my route.  The "query" feature allows you to ask about map features.
  When I query the program about this section of the PCT, it highlights
that section of the PCT in yellow and gives the length of that section.
  Is there a way to select that portion or any other portion of a trail
shown on the maps?  Or do I have to follow the trail with cursor and
click on each change of direction?
Thanx in advance.
         Jeff Jones