[pct-l] Bear tales from the Past!!

--
 Greg and Tom are both wrong with their stories of my past!! But THIS is a
true story. Back in 1971, Greg and I were both 6 ft. tall, BUT as a
precaution to losing his food and forgeting his 50' of line , Greg decided to
just hang on a limb with his food all night. ( Like a Bat) After much success
and never losing his food for several years with this method, he eventually
become 9 inches taller over time. So if you see a Guy 6'9" hanging like a
vampire on a limb in the Sierras with the tatered remains of a Sierra Designs
" Starlight" draped over him , it is Strider hanging his food in a tree.
  Tom Reynolds on the other hand, chooses another method to protect his food.
Tom's camp is usually equiped with several fine bottles with " Spirits" not
brought for for stove use!!!  Tom found that several ounces of " Everclear"
mixed with honey placed 100 yards from his food bag distacted bears most the
night . In fact, on one morning, three bears and a tall ( 6' 9") hiker with "
Goldie Locks" were found pasted out around a 3 liter pot of Tom's Everclear
laced brew!!!! This is how the real story of Goldie Locks and the three bears
got started!!!!!!!!! Mad Monte