[pct-l] Lyell Canyon - Have I been lucky?

--
In a message dated 11/18/2002 5:08:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jkeener@backpacker.com writes:

> I've camped in Lyell Canyon (near the trail intersection to Vogelsang) three
> or four times. Each time I used a canister. Slept on the ground, no tent.
> No bear problems. Never saw, heard or heard of problems. Was I lucky?

Me neither. I cooked near my tent, ate near my tent and slept with my food IN
my tent.  I must have been lucky too.  Either that or the bears respect crazy
hikers!

Sorry for my indulgence.  : )

Sly