[pct-l] Afraid of Crypto? Stay out of the pool...

Not too many toddlers swimming in alpine lakes yet!
  So-- if these bugs can become resistent to chlorine, then what about iodine.
   After being educated via this list, I have completely dismissed the
possibility of contracting giardia via mountain streams and lakes.
   However, there are places along the PCT where cows are present and the
real danger is from germs like E-coli, crypto? and any other waterborn germs
found in cow pies. I understand that giardia isn't one of them. But I think
most cases of the runs are caused by germ contact in the waystation towns and
by sharing uncooked food such as gorp.