[pct-l] Favorite Town

--
In 2001, I spent a great deal of time hitching from the trail to
explore towns. My favorites:

Mt. Laguna: first stop, vistas over desert after town
Aqua Dulce: of course
Idyllwild: $2 campsite better than the late Spring snow
Lone Pine: the "John Wayne" motel
Mammoth Lakes: needed the gear after the Sierras
Etna: my favorite
Ashland: on the threshold
Leavenworth: Bavarian style
Manning: beautiful lodge, awesome feeling with snow coming down,
still gives me goose bumps.

Of course, the better the food, the better the town.

Sassafras