[pct-l] Alcohol Stove Questions

Pepsi can stoves should burn for about 9 minutes on 2 tablespoons of fuel.
If you're requiring more, it's probably due to the number and size of the
holes. Larger holes generate more heat and burn faster. However, the number
of holes (24) made with a push pin in your stove seems to be about right. In
the past when I made the stoves, I've used a push pin and a small drill bit.

I've since stopped building the traditional Pepsi style stove. Instead I
designed a Cat Can stove using Pepsi and Juice cans.
http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/ultralight/Stove.asp It's worked as well as
the Cat Can stove I've got and is smaller and easier to build than either
the Cat Can or the Pepsi stove.

I'm able to get good consistent boils on 2 tablespoons of water.

-Fallingwater