[pct-l] Bitterfoot picture

--
In a message dated 11/13/2002 7:39:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dave@dalbey.org writes:

> Slightly off topic, but I thought an audience like this might appreciate a
> picture like this.  Nature truly is awsome!!
>
> http://redwood.he.net/~delanos/forestfire.htm

Wow, that's an incredible picture.  We hiked through a serious burn area on
the CDT this year, in the Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness.  I think this may be
the same one. It was totally devastating and the only time on the trail I got
seriously depressed.  No life whatsoever.  The fire burnt so hot, boulders
had exploded and the forest was totally black.   I know the northbound
thru-hikers had to skip large portions of the trail that year due to the
forest fires in Montana.

Sly