[pct-l] Lawsuits, Rights, and User Fees

At 10:54 AM 11/13/02, Ken Powers wrote:
>In my experience the National Park Service requires a permit no matter where
>you start.

Yes, you need a permit in the National Park.

However the permit that was issued to you at ANY trailhead, whether in the
park or not, will allow you to transit the park.

You do NOT need a separate permit to transit the park.

For example, if you have a permit from the USFS issued at Mammoth to start
a JMT trek from Reds Meadow, you DO NOT need a different permit to enter
Sequoia/Kings National park on your way south.

In the same way, if you are issued a permit from the USFS in Cleveland
National Forest at the southern terminus of the PCT, you DO NOT need a
different permit for each National Park you transit on the PCT.

What is sooooo hard about this to understand.

--
Brick Robbins

Will I live tomorrow?, Well I just can't say,
but I know for sure, I'm gonna live today.
------Jimi Hendrix