[pct-l] Lawsuits, Rights, and User Fees

In a message dated 11/12/02 11:42:54 PM, yumitori@montana.com writes:

<< There's no need to turn this into some sort of class struggle. I don't
think my position is so unreasonable - equal charges for equal demands
upon the system. Can you show me why that is unfair?  >>

Ron - I think lower fees for PCT thru hikers is allowed by govt. agencies-if
not officially then with a wink and a nod -- because many people think a thru
hike is a cool thing to do, are somewhat envious, and want to be a part of it
all by lending those attempting it a hand. I agree that some cost such as a
Golden Eagle pass combined with a pass that includes all other public lands
would be a good gesture by PCT thru hikers -- if and when it becomes
available.
  But since only about 200-250 people a year attempt a thru hike, the fees
collected from them would be symbolic at best