SV: [pct-l] Questioning authority

In a message dated 11/11/02 5:34:42 PM, yumitori@montana.com writes:

<< There's any number of activities I cannot participate in due to the
expense; should I also get a free ride due to my relative poverty?

Well, I guess that's a matter of political philosophy. Some, like the
Libertarians, would sell all public land to the highest bidder. Should you
then be allowed to whine about not being able to get in unless the new owner
graciously allows you to? With a fee high enough, of course, to keep the riff
raff out
    Me, I kinda like the way they have it set up now. Ditto for the PCT thru
permit process and associated costs . How about you?