[pct-l] (no subject)

--
I have some good news and some bad news.  The bad news is, I will probably =
be laid off from my job in December.  The good news is, hey, I will probabl=
y be laid off from my job in December!  I have been following these comment=
s for awhile now and am thinking about going.  For the people who have done=
 it, just how much time does the preparation take?  Not the physical part, =
but familiarizing with the process of the hike, acquiring and testing equip=
ment, and the like?  How soon before you left did you make the decision and=
 start preparation to go?  How much did it cost, all told?  I'd like to hea=
r stories.
Legirons