[pct-l] ? authority/bears

----------
> From: JoAnn M Michael <jomike@snowcrest.net>
> To: Greg Hummel <Bighummel@aol.com>
> Cc: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
> Subject: [pct-l] ? authority/bears
> Date: Saturday, November 09, 2002 9:27 PM

> Greg, I beg to differ.  It's my understanding the primary reason for the
cat and bear 'problem' interfering with the general public is that the
general public came into their territory totally un-invited.

Your model of universe, of which National parks are a piece, excludes
humans.  Are humans part of the ecosystem, and the forest or are they not?

I think it is simplistic to simply say " the general public came into their
territory uninvited"(beyond which the definitions of "general public,
territory and invited" are undefined and not particularily useful concepts
in refining appropriate actions or defining legitimate problems).

Joanne