[pct-l] Re: Bear Boxes/Food Storage Options

Being an alpine mountaineer at heart I spend considerable time above
10,000'...the beauty of a mountain theater is stupendous, the
rocks provide almost total protection from the wind, water is
readily available in the smaller rivelets and snow mounds so
u don't have to lug it up..for example I spent 2 nights on Dana
at over 13,000' during a recent full moon..the beauty and views
of the meadows and the Spires were magnificent..and watching
the ant-like exodous of traffic thru Tioga pass is always
an interesting diversion.  Being above the timberline
usually obviates any bear-proofing necessities however the
marmots are tricky little devils and will still your
water bottles too!! And of course the bugs don't go that
high usually either...