[pct-l] Natural selection at work

--
In a message dated 11/3/02 11:35:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
CMountainDave@aol.com writes:

> When I worked in Yellowstone, two guys camped where they weren't supposed to
> and left their food in a large tent while they went on a hike. When they
> returned they found a VERY large Grizzly sow in their tent with her cub
> outside. Now these were city boys, LA I think, and they must have thought
> Yogi bear was in there with Boo Boo standing watch. One of them grabbed a
> large cast iron frying pan, entered the tent and whacked the sow on the butt
> with it. It got her attention: she whirled her thousand pounds around and
> killed him instantly with one massive blow and then ate parts of him. They
> knew they had killed the right bear when they cut open the stomach and found
> human hair in it.

The true version of this was The two men were preparing dinner cooking steak
when a Ranger came into camp and told them to clean up their campsite.

After the Ranger left one of the men only ate half of his steak and left the
other half in the skillet and they went for a hike without cleaning up. The
grizzlies came in and ate the remaining half of the steak. When the men
returned the grizzly smelt the other half of the steak in one of the men's
stomach and ripped it open and finish the steak. As reported in 1001
incidents in our National Parks

Lonetrail