[pct-l] Alcohol Lantern Design Theory -- a possible solution

Cool stuff for the lab....a combo alcohol lantern with a tungsten filament.
But, as an Engineer...I would have to say..probably not that practical..

The process of using heat to generate photons is pretty inefficient
...even modern day bulbs are pretty bad in this regard...and they are light
years ahead of the early experiments that you are now discovering..

Wouldn't the efficiency of today's high output LEDs be a better choice ?? A
couple of changes of batteries will be a lot lighter than the fuel needed to
produce the same amount of usable light...not to mention the changes of
filaments  that would be necessary in our oxygen-rich environment...