[pct-l] Hennessey Hammock

In a message dated 10/28/02 6:32:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jasonthelee@msn.com writes:

<< I was wondering if ... the hammock is a viable option for a PCT thru-hike.

I haven't tried a hammock myself but they were quite popular this summer on
the AT.  On that trail, of course, there is no problem finding suitable
trees!

Personally, I feel more comfortable sleeping on the ground but a hammock
should work on the PCT as well.  They can be set up on the ground when there
are no trees, using hiking poles to support the top and bug net when
necessary.  The Hennessy can be used that way.

Anyone interested in making a hammock should also check out Ed Speer's
website:  http://speerhammocks.com

Ed gave an interesting talk about his hammock at the ALDHA Gathering.