[pct-l] Bear Canisters in Yosemite

pmags@yahoo.com writes:
>Other areas near the park (Ansel Adams wilderness, for
>example) absolutely required a bear canister.

I was in Inyon and the Ansel Adams Wilderness, I thought, this summer.
Northlake to Puite Pass to Evolution Valley to Darwin Canyon and back to
Northlake.
We were told by the Bishop, CA rangers that cannisters were not required, not
even recommended. Counter balancing was the thing to do.
That was late July early August

TV

          What is our aim? Victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of
all terror;
Victory how ever long and hard the road may be.
                                                           Sir Winston Churchill