[pct-l] IsoButane

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 07:01  AM, Daryl Waycott wrote:
>  I have a
> Snow Peak titanium stove and had no problems with it
> at all (make sure you have a good windshield)

I was under the impression that windshields were a definitely
no-no with the isobutane canisters.  The canisters get to hot and
can explode.  I didn't use a wind shield at all on the AT this year
with my Pocket Rocket.  Are the conditions such on the PCT, that
you need to be able to cook in exposed, windy areas?