From: "matt maxon" <matt@mattmaxon.com>
To: <PCT-L@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 6:10 AM
Subject: [pct-l] Hello - PCT costs

--
I haven't been following this discussion, but have noticed one thing that
seems to be left out of all these discussions. You are gonna eat whether
you're on the trail or not! The equation should be (cost of food on the
trail food, shipping, eating out etc) - (what you normally spend for food,
driving to store, eating out etc.) = actual cost

I'd be willing to bet the actual cost would be minimal or actually save
money over your normal expenses, unless of course you live for free the rest
of the time and don't eat anything!.