[pct-l] Original PCT

AsABat writes:

> I hiked much of the section in San Diego County in the '70s, coming down
> Rodriguez Canyon to Banner, then up the San Felipe Valley. Sure glad they
> rerouted that one, even if it is in the dry San Felipe Hills. Speaking of
> which, now that the state and county have bought so much of Volcan Mounta=
in,
> maybe someday the trail will get moved over there where it
> was supposed to
> be.

Hmmm, you must have been off of the temporary route that is shown in the fi=
rst guide book.  It shows the trail going northwest across East Mesa and in=
to Green Valley then onto Cuyamuca Res., across the highway into Chariot Ca=
nyon on the Calif. Hiking and Riding Trail and down into San Felipe Valley.=
  This is the route that most of us in 1977 took.  The first guide does sho=
w the intended "permanent route" to be in the Volcans.  I think that would =
be preferable as they appear to have pine trees along their ridge and there=
fore a bit of shade that the San Felipe hills don't afford.

Greg